Frequently Asked Questions

Withhold current child support per the income withholding order and send to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) at: 

California State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box #989067 West Sacramento, CA. 95798-9067
Phone: (866) 901-3212

Send any arrears withholding to FTB, and notify the LCSA by calling (866) 901-3212 that two income withholding orders exist.

If you can work something out with the employee where the medical is all withheld all at once and then the child support is withheld and sent in with the next withholding, that could work as long as the child support is being sent in monthly when it is due.

No, as both of the above are government/tax payer subsidized programs, ultimately they are a form of public assistance. 

One of the goals of the child support program is to reduce dependency on public assistance programs.

Depending on what your plans cost through your company, the medical coverage premium could vary. 

There is no specified amount the employee must spend on coverage.

If aid services are is not being expended on the children and a case is not open with the State Department of Child Support Services, then there is no need for us to be involved and the employee can continue to pay their support voluntarily. 

Once a LCSA is involved, the law requires the obligor to pay via an income withholding order through the LCSA.

No. Changes are not to be made unless the LCSA contacts you with further instructions. 

The age of emancipation varies and all child support court orders are unique. 

If you have any questions regarding the income withholding order, please contact the LCSA at (866) 901-3212.

Call the LCSA at (866) 901-3212 to determine what your next step should be. You may also access our Wage Withholding webpage​ for further information. 

Please do not send the income withholding order back if there is a possibility that the individual is employed with you. 

If, however, the income withholding order is from FTB, send it back to the Franchise Tax Board marked “no record” as their information is processed differently from the LCSA.

You can’t ‘make it up’. Contact the LCSA at (866) 901-3212 for direction and notify your employee. Then, begin withholding at the proper amount and continue to send payments to the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) at P.O. Box #989067 West Sacramento, CA. 95798-9067.

Withhold at 50% of each paycheck until the monthly income withholding obligation has been fully met.

Please send the medical identification cards directly to our office located at:

Chiild Support Services
3701 Power Inn Road
Sacramento, CA. 95826

Also provide information identifying the non-custodial parent. We will forward the medical identification cards and any applicable health insurance coverage information to the custodial party.