Frequently Asked Questions

This office has several resources to locate the paying parent (non-custodial party).  We use the following locate sources to find addresses and employment information: 

  • DMV
  • Employment Development Department (EDD)
  • IRS/FTB, credit reporting agencies
  • Local and state criminal records and the California and Federal Parent Locator Service (CPLS and FPLS

We are looking for the paying parent’s (non-custodial parent's):

  • Home and work addresses
  • Employer
  • Career information
  • Business name and/or business license # if self employed
  • Date of birth and Social Security number
  • Bank account information, any other assets and if he or she has other children to legally support